Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hubby's Shopping List



I am infinitely fortunate in the fact that I have a husband who supports my bread-baking hobby with all his heart and soul. Though his support often comes in the form of enjoying the outcomes, I can sometimes coerce him into going grocery shopping for me. Below is a typical, pre-bread-baking-spree shopping list, but annotated for my hubby:


Shopping List:

v King Arthur’s Bread Flour (the one with the baby blue bands around the bag)

v Eggs (one dozen, brown)

v Cane Sugar (either the Domino one in the baking aisle or the kind in the bins that you scoop out yourself, whatever’s cheapest)

v Butter Flavored Non-stick Spray (cheapest)

v Strip of Active Dry Yeast Packages (the ones in the natural food section, make sure you get Active Dry and not Highly Active!)

v Wheat Germ (I have no idea where this will be or what it is. Sorry, you're on your own)

v Honey (get the good kind, ours tastes like old tea)

v Poppy Seeds (these may be expensive, so brace yourself)

v Baking Soda (Hannaford brand is fine)

v Cornmeal (Hannaford, again, is fine)


*Image from thedailygreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment